Your personal photo is an essential part of the Green Card application.
The US government has strict requirements for how the photo should be taken and submitted. Please read carefully the requirements below.
If you need any help, don’t hesitate to contact our Immigration Experts, who will be happy to guide you through the process.
1. Every applicant must submit a photo.
2. The photo must be in color, recently taken and reflect your current appearance.
3. The photo must measure 2 x 2 inches (51 mm x 51 mm, 600×600 pixels).
4. The photo must show a clear, front view, full face of the person.
5. The person should be in normal clothing, without hat or dark glasses against a plain white background.
6. The photo must be in focus, taken in full-face view directly facing the camera.
7. The person’s mouth must to be closed, with neutral facial expression and both eyes open.
8. Do not wear a hat or any head cover, unless used daily for religious purpose – the head must be visible and may not cast any shadows.
9. Photo must be in jpg/jpeg format only.
10. Photo must be less than 240kB (kilobytes) – The recommended compressed ratio is 20:1.
11. You may not wear dark glasses and glare should be avoided.
Feel free to contact us if you are not sure about your photos – we’ll make sure you submit a successful entry according to the requirements.